Meth2-Komunitas anak M2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Meth2-Komunitas anak M2

Selamat datang di Forum methodist2

IndeksPencarianLatest imagesPendaftaranLoginFriendster

Touching Story...

Go down 
+9
Petteson
Arlingga
jaden
sunblip
Evilbuster89
hanna_cai
tatsu88
Jhansen
Jimmou
13 posters
Pilih halaman : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PengirimMessage
Jimmou
M2 maniac

Jumlah posting : 1609
Lokasi : 马六甲
Registration date : 24.02.07

Character sheet
Level: Infinity
HP:
Touching Story... - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Touching Story... - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)

Touching Story... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubyek: Re: Touching Story...   Touching Story... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 8:48 am

Adopted

Teacher Debbie Moon's first graders were discussing a picture of a
family. One little boy in the picture had a different color hair than
the other family members. One child suggested that maybe he was
adopted. A little girl named Jocelynn Jay said, "I know all about adoptions, because I was adopted."

"What does it mean to be adopted?" asked another child.

Jocelynn replied, "It means that you grew in your mommy's heart instead of her tummy."
Kembali Ke Atas Go down
sunblip
M2 member
sunblip

Jumlah posting : 281
Lokasi : je ka te
Registration date : 01.03.07

PostSubyek: Re: Touching Story...   Touching Story... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 12:52 pm

so sweet..
dat's great jim.. means dat u grew in your mommy's heart instead of her tummy....

genit
Kembali Ke Atas Go down
http://www.sunblip.multiply.com
Jimmou
M2 maniac

Character sheet
HP:
Touching Story... - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Touching Story... - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)

PostSubyek: Re: Touching Story...   Touching Story... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 5:15 pm

are you saying that I'm adopted No Hope No Hope frownfrownfrownfrown
Kembali Ke Atas Go down
sunblip
M2 member
sunblip

PostSubyek: Re: Touching Story...   Touching Story... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 9:54 am

nope. just said that those people who were adopted must be very happy

..........piz.........
Kembali Ke Atas Go down
Jimmou
M2 maniac

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubyek: Re: Touching Story...   Touching Story... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 8:43 pm

is that so :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kembali Ke Atas Go down
Jimmou
M2 maniac

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubyek: Re: Touching Story...   Touching Story... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 12:26 pm

The Gift Of Love

The passengers on the bus watched sympathetically as the attractive, young woman with the white cane made her way carefully up the steps. She paid the driver and, using her hands to feel the location of the seats, walked down the aisle and found the seat he’d told her was empty. Then she settled in, placed her briefcase on her lap and rested her cane against her leg.

It had been a year since Susan, thirty-four, became blind. Due to a medical misdiagnosis she had been rendered sightless, and she was suddenly thrown into a world of darkness, anger, frustration and self-pity. Once a fiercely independent woman, Susan now felt condemned by this terrible twist of fate to become a powerless, helpless burden on everyone around her. “How could this have happened to me?” she would plead, her heart knotted with anger. But no matter how much she cried or ranted or prayed, she knew the painful truth her sight was never going to return. A cloud of depression hung over Susan’s once optimistic spirit. Just getting through each day was an exercise in frustration and exhaustion. And all she had to cling to was her husband Mark.

Mark was an Air Force officer and he loved Susan with all of his heart. When she first lost her sight, he watched her sink into despair and was determined to help his wife gain the strength and confidence she needed to become independent again. Mark’s military background had trained him well to deal with sensitive situations, and yet he knew this was the most difficult battle he would ever face.

Finally, Susan felt ready to return to her job, but how would she get there? She used to take the bus, but was now too frightened to get around the city by herself. Mark volunteered to drive her to work each day, even though they worked at opposite ends of the city. At first, this comforted Susan and fulfilled Mark’s need to protect his sightless wife who was so insecure about performing the slightest task. Soon, however, Mark realized that this arrangement wasn’t working. It was hectic, and costly. Susan is going to have to start taking the bus again, he admitted to himself.

But just the thought of mentioning it to her made him cringe. She was still so fragile, so angry. How would she react? Just as Mark predicted, Susan was horrified at the idea of taking the bus again. “I’m blind!” she responded bitterly. “How am I supposed to know where I’m going? I feel like you’re abandoning me.” Mark’s heart broke to hear these words, but he knew what had to be done. He promised Susan that each morning and evening he would ride the bus with her, for as long as it took, until she got the hang of it. And that is exactly what happened.

For two solid weeks, Mark, military uniform and all, accompanied Susan to and from work each day. He taught her how to rely on her other senses, specifically her hearing, to determine where she was and how to adapt to her new environment. He helped her befriend the bus drivers who could watch out for her, and save her a seat. He made her laugh, even on those not-so-good days when she would trip exiting the bus, or drop her briefcase.

Each morning they made the journey together, and Mark would take a cab back to his office. Although this routine was even more costly and exhausting than the previous one, Mark knew it was only a matter of time before Susan would be able to ride the bus on her own. He believed in her, in the Susan he used to know before she’d lost her sight, who wasn’t afraid of any challenge and who would never, ever quit. Finally, Susan decided that she was ready to try the trip on her own.

Monday morning arrived, and before she left, she threw her arms around Mark, her temporary bus riding companion, her husband, and her best friend. Her eyes filled with tears of gratitude for his loyalty, his patience, his love. She said good-bye, and for the first time, they went their separate ways. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Each day on her own went perfectly, and Susan had never felt better. She was doing it! She was going to work all by herself!

On Friday morning, Susan took the bus to work as usual. As she was paying for her fare to exit the bus, the driver said, “Boy, I sure envy you.” Susan wasn’t sure if the driver was speaking to her or not. After all, who on earth would ever envy a blind woman who had struggled just to find the courage to live for the past year? Curious, she asked the driver, “Why do you say that you envy me?” The driver responded, “It must feel so good to be taken care of and protected like you are.” Susan had no idea what the driver was talking about, and asked again, “What do you mean?” The driver answered, “You know, every morning for the past week, a fine looking gentleman in a military uniform has been standing across the corner watching you when you get off the bus. He makes sure you cross the street safely and he watches you until you enter your office building. Then he blows you a kiss, gives you a little salute and walks away. You are one lucky lady.”

Tears of happiness poured down Susan’s cheeks. For although she couldn’t physically see him, she had always felt Mark’s presence. She was lucky, so lucky, for he had given her a gift more powerful than sight, a gift she didn’t need to see to believe - the gift of love that can bring light where there had been darkness.

frownfrownfrownfrownfrownfrownfrown
Happy Final Exam to everyone who celebrates it peace peace peace peace
Kembali Ke Atas Go down
sunblip
M2 member
sunblip

PostSubyek: Re: Touching Story...   Touching Story... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 12:33 am

Mathematician Love Letter
By De-Morgan

My dear love,
Yesterday, I was passing by your rectangular house in face, conical nose and spherical eyes, standing in your triangular garden. Before seeing you, my heart was a null set, but when a vector of magnitude "(likeness)" from your eyes at a deviation of theta radians made a tangent to my heart, it diferentiated.

My love for you is a quadratic equation with real roots, which only you can solve by making good binary relation with me. The cosine of my love for you extends to infinity. I promise that I should not resolve you into partial functions but if I do so, you can integrate me by applying the limits from zero to infinity. You are essential to me as an element to a set. The geometry of my life revolves around your acute personality.

My love, if you don't meet me at a parabola rstaurant on date 10 at sunset, when the sun is making an angle of 160 degree, my heart would be like an unsolved polynomial of degree 10.

With love from your higher order derivation maxima and minima of an unknown function.
Yours ever loving,
Phythagoras
I got this of Maths bulletin, at meth2.
I got it from my sister.
It's really great right???
Use this as your love letter
cool
Kembali Ke Atas Go down
Jimmou
M2 maniac

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubyek: Re: Touching Story...   Touching Story... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 12:51 pm

"A touching story worth reading."

~ Author Unknown

Dear Patrick,
I was then an only child who had everything I could ever want. But even a pretty, spoiled and rich kid could get lonely once in a while so when Mom told me that she was pregnant, I was ecstatic. I imagined how wonderful you would be and how we'd always be together and how much you would look like me. So, when you were born, I looked at your tiny hands and feet and marveled at how beautiful you were.

We took you home and I showed you proudly to my friends. They would touch you and sometimes pinch you, but you never reacted. When you were five months old, some things began to bother Mom. You seemed so unmoving and numb, and your cry sounded odd --- almost like a kitten's. So we brought you to many doctors.

The thirteenth doctor who looked at you quietly said you have the "cry du chat" (pronounced Kree-do-sha) syndrome, "cry of the cat" in French.

When I asked what that meant, he looked at me with pity and softly said, "Your brother will never walk nor talk." The doctor told us that it is a condition that afflicts one in 50,000 babies, rendering victims severely retarded. Mom was shocked and I was furious. I thought it was unfair.

When we went home, Mom took you in her arms and cried. I looked at you and realized that word will get around that you're not normal. So to hold on to my popularity, I did the unthinkable ... I disowned you. Mom and Dad didn't know but I steeled myself not to love you as you grew. Mom and Dad showered you love and attention and that made me bitter. And as the years passed, that bitterness turned to anger, and then hate. Mom never gave up on you. She knew she had to do it for your sake. Everytime she put your toys down, you'd roll instead of crawl. I watched her heart break every time she took away your toys and strapped your tummy with foam so you couldn't roll. You struggle and you're cry in that pitiful way, the cry of the kitten. But she still didn't give up.

And then one day, you defied what all your doctors said -- you crawled.

When mom saw this, she knew you would eventually walk. So when you were still crawling at age four, she'd put you on the grass with only your diapers on knowing that you hate the feel of the grass on your skin.

Then she'd leave you there. I would sometimes watch from the windows and smile at your discomfort. You would crawl to the sidewalk and Mom would put you back. Again and again, Mom repeated this on the lawn. Until one day, Mom saw you pull yourself u and toddle off the grass as fast as your little legs could carry you.

Laughing and crying, she shouted for Dad and I to come. Dad hugged you crying openly. I watched from my bedroom window this heartbreaking scene.

Over the years, Mom taught you to speak, read and write. From then on, I would sometime see you walk outside, smell the flowers, marvel at the birds, or just smile at no one. I began to see the beauty of the world through your eyes. It was then that I realized that you were my brother and no matter how much I tried to hate you, I couldn't, because I had grown to love you.

During the next few days, we again became acquainted with each other. I would buy you toys and give you all the love that a sister could ever give to her brother. And you would reward me by smiling and hugging me.

But I guess, you were never really meant for us. On your tenth birthday, you felt severe headaches. The doctor's diagnosis --leukemia. Mom gasped and Dad held her, while I fought hard to keep my tears from falling. At that moment, I loved you all the more. I couldn't even bear to leave your side. Then the doctors told us that your only hope is to have a bonemarrow transplant. You became the subject of a nationwide donor search. When at last we found the right match, you were too sick, and the doctor reluctantly ruled out the operations. Since then, you underwent chemotherapy and radiation.

Even at the end, you continued to pursue life. Just a month before you died, you made me draw up a list of things you wanted to do when you got out of the hospital. Two days after the list was completed, you asked the doctors to send you home. There, we ate ice cream and cake, run across the grass, flew kites, went fishing, took pictures of one another and let the balloons fly. I remember the last conversation that we had. You said that if you die, and if I need of help, I could send you a note to heaven by tying it on the string of any balloon and letting it fly. When you said this, I started crying. Then you hugged me. Then again, for the last time, you got sick.

That last night, you asked for water, a back rub, a cuddle. Finally, you went into seizure with tears streaming down your face. Later, at the hospital, you struggled to talk but the words wouldn't come. I know what you wanted to say. "Hear you," I whispered. And for the last time, I said, "I'll always love and I will never forget you. Don't be afraid. You'll soon be with God in heaven." Then, with my tears flowing freely, I watched the bravest boy I had ever known finally stop breathing. Dad, Mom and I cried until I felt as if there were no more tears left. Patrick was finally gone, leaving us behind.

From then on, you were my source of inspiration. You showed me how to love life and live to the fullest. With your simplicity and honesty, you showed me a world full of love and caring. And you made me realize that the most important thing in this life is to continue loving without asking why or how and without setting any limit.

Thank you, my little brother, for all these.
Kembali Ke Atas Go down
cat-atcz
M2 newbie

Jumlah posting : 10
Lokasi : Medan
Registration date : 18.10.07

PostSubyek: Re: Touching Story...   Touching Story... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 1:31 pm

wuiz..
keren banget Jim..
wat a touching story..
Kembali Ke Atas Go down
tatsu88
M2 member
tatsu88

Jumlah posting : 420
Lokasi : Singapore
Registration date : 03.03.07

PostSubyek: Re: Touching Story...   Touching Story... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 7:08 am

Inspiring and touching ... nice one.
Kembali Ke Atas Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubyek: Re: Touching Story...   Touching Story... - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Kembali Ke Atas Go down

Touching Story...
Kembali Ke Atas 
Halaman 6 dari 6Pilih halaman : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:Anda tidak dapat menjawab topik
Meth2-Komunitas anak M2 :: Community :: English CLUB-
Navigasi: